SCAREDY CAT is an interactive illustrated children’s audio book by Susan Syddall. Engaging illustrations and text have been designed to motivate children to read for pleasure and information.
Scaredy Cat Story Outline
a delicious, juicy mouse for lunch.
Mouse, however, did NOT want to be Cat’s lunch!
To avoid being eaten, Mouse played a trick on Cat.
Now Cat is afraid of Mouse.
Find out why Cat is scared!
Scaredy Cat Preview
What's Unique About This App?
Our stories are designed to help children develop a love of reading. We do this by using:
- Rhyme: This helps children to read word families and develops reading confidence.
- Rhythm: Helps children recognise patterns in words and sentences and makes reading a pleasure.
- Repetition: Allows children multiple opportunities to recognise, revisit and master written words.
- Humour: Engages children in the text.
We aim for our books to:
- Foster a love of language
- Build and extend vocabulary
- Capture children's interest
- Inspire creativity
- Kindle imagination.
Each story contains GUIDE NOTES for parents/educators which suggest activities and experiences which will extend children's learning based on concepts introduced in the books. The GUIDE NOTES include ideas for:
- social/emotional/moral development
- physical development
- critical thinking and
- Original score and fun sound effects.
- Interactive learning activities which encourages comprehension and language development.
More About Scaredy Cat
SCAREDY CAT is part of a literacy series designed to help children learn to read.
Educational Activities Based on Scaredy Cat
Extension activities are available for SCAREDY CAT. These are fun extension activities further learning opportunities.
The following FREE extension activities can be downloaded for SCAREDY CAT:
Scaredy Cat is Is Loved By
Children aged 3 - 8 years.
Parent Notice About This App
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
This book is awash with learning possibilities. Aside from being an interesting and well presented story, it is an excellent book for dealing with childhood fears. Things that we are scared of both in reality and in fantasy can be discussed using this story.
The constant use of a clock enforces time awareness with an hourly change.
The descriptions are excellent in putting ideas into your head which are then reinforced by the clear and hilarious illustrations.
Adjectives are colourfully displayed and speech is clearly presented.
The use of repetition helps the younger reader feel more confident to join in.
A great book to help develop vocabulary with a range of interesting words and synonyms.
On screen the book comes alive as the illustrations offer up a variety of discussion points: the little bird who appears on every page, the facial expressions of the cat and mouse and the thought bubbles.
Young children have a stimulus to extend their knowledge of adjectives whilst at the same time considering rhymes, telling the time, feelings and emotions and a whole range of other opportunities.
Sarah Shuttleworth ... a parent, teacher & school headmistress: United Kingdom
To say that I loved this App, the story, the activities and parent suggestions is an understatement!
I applaud Susan for this story as she so cleverly told the tale of a cat being brainwashed while he was sleeping to think that the mouse was some kind of crazy, scary creature to fear! It was humorous, clever and divinely written. And yes, I am a cat lady. You all should know this by now- but I'm a particularly picky reader. Well done, Susan. 5 stars today!
Speech Pathologist and Author
“Top notch in beautiful illustrations, storyline, expressive narration, rhyming text, the many interactive activities and child friendly navigation.
Both my boys, 3 and 6, love these apps. They remain engaged and have great replay value.
As a parent, I especially love the “Guide Notes”, they are so helpful and insightful.
We now have 5 apps from the series and they have been a wonderful addition to our digital library.
I would HIGHLY recommend this app!”
Parent and App Reviewer
"Hi Susan, the books were super easy to download to my iPad!
They are fantastic stories. The illustrations make the stories come to life.
The best part for me, however, are the activities – and they are printable!!!!
Thank you so much! The children in my Year 2 class will love these stories!"
Michelle – Year 2 Class Teacher
Books Available in Print Include:
- Lyrebird Park is available in printed format as big and small books.
- Hog and Frog is also available in printed format as big and small books.
- Doodle Tales: A Goods Knight's Bad Day! where children finish the illustrations and add their own ideas to complete the story.
Other Titles Available In Electronic Format
Our range of books is continually growing. Children's books available in our Literacy Series, include: