Printable Mother’s Day gift vouchers are a fantastic way to get children actively thinking of what they can do for Mum for Mother's Day.
I love the way gift vouchers encourage children to stop and think of what Mum might like and how they can do something for her. Printable Mother's Day gift vouchers really are a wonderful way of inspiring kids to give of themselves.
So How Can these Printable Mother’s Day Gift Vouchers be Personalised?
Glad you asked. There are two ways to personalise the gift vouchers:
- Firstly, children write what it is that each voucher will entitle Mum to.
- Secondly, the gift vouchers themselves need to be finished off with some creative artwork. We’ll explain more about this in a minute.
Suggestions for Writing on the Printable Mother’s Day Gift Vouchers
Here are some examples of things children can write on the gift vouchers. This list, of course, is by no means comprehensive and children are definitely encouraged to be creative when filling them out.
- An hour of quiet time
- A night free of dishes
- A gigantic bear hug
- 5 huge kisses
- One back rub
- One foot massage (for both feet) :o
- Breakfast in bed
- A long bubble bath
- A cup of tea on demand anytime during the day
You could always give some hints about something you'd really like. Personally, I'm keen to find out what my little munchkins will come up with on their own. Hopefully nothing like 'a mudpie for morning tea' or a 'slug sandwich'! :o
If children aren't at the writing stage yet, they can always draw what they'd like to do/give Mum.
Drawing on the Printable Mother’s Day Gift Vouchers
On each gift voucher, children can add the finishing touches to the illustrations. For example:
- The cupcake needs toppings ...
- The butterflies need decorating ...
- The flower stems need flowers! After all, it would be no good giving Mum a bouquet of stems without the flowers!
- The hearts need patterns.
- The basket needs goodies (e.g., chocolates, flowers, a pot of tea or something) added to it’s contents.
Assembling the Printable Mother’s Day Gift Vouchers
Assembling the gift vouchers is very simple. Just cut along the lines so that each voucher is separate. Stack and staple them together on the left hand side to form a small booklet. And voila ... one booklet of gift vouchers ready for Mother’s Day!
All Mum has to do use each voucher to redeem her special gifts. What could be better?
We’d love to hear about how your child uses these vouchers. Feel free to leave a comment on this post or on our facebook page.
Don't forget to check out another gift option for children to make ... Mother's Day Drawing Prompts.
There's only one thing left to say ... have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Before you go, have a look around our site for other ideas covering all sorts of curriculum areas. Also, check out our books ...
Return to the Articles List for other children's learning activities or children's book reviews.