Aim of Lyrebird Park Picture Puzzles:
For children to match Lyrebird Park picture puzzles and then sequence them in the correct order as the appear in the story.
Note: There are 3 Match and Sequence Puzzles - each a different level of difficulty.
Puzzle No. 1 (easiest) has 3 pictures to piece together and sequence.
Puzzle No. 2 (harder) has 5 pictures to piece together and sequence.
Puzzle No. 3 (hardest) has 6 pictures (a total of 18 puzzle pieces) to piece together and sequence.
Instructions for Lyrebird Park Picture Puzzles:
- Read the story "Lyrebird Park" together with your child.
- Print out one or more puzzles (3 sets available) :
(Note: Keep the solutions pages aside for later)
- Encourage your child to cut out the picture puzzles pieces out.
- Match the correct pairs together to form separate pictures.
- Sequence the pictures in the order they occur in the book. Which one came first, second, third, etc?
- Check the solutions pages.
The Benefits of Lyrebird Park Picture Puzzles
These puzzles will encourage children to:
- Exercise and refine small muscle control used when cutting.
- Engage cognitive (intellectual) skills of problem solving as children complete the puzzles.
- Use memory recall skills as they sequence the picture puzzles into the correct order.
Offer your child plenty of encouragement and praise as they work through the puzzles.
You may also like these activities:
Our range of books is continually growing. Children's books available in our Literacy Series, include:
Return to the Articles List for other children's learning activities or children's book reviews.