For children to match Hog and Frog picture puzzles and then sequence them in the correct order as the appear in the story.
Note: There are 3 Match and Sequence Puzzles - each a different level of difficulty.
Puzzle No. 1 (easiest) has 3 pictures to piece together and sequence.
Puzzle No. 2 (harder) has 5 pictures to piece together and sequence.
Puzzle No. 3 (hardest) has 6 pictures (a total of 18 puzzle pieces) to piece together and sequence.
- Read the story "Hog and Frog" together with your child.
- Print out one or more puzzles (3 sets available) :
(Note: Keep the solutions pages aside for later)
- Encourage your child to cut out the picture puzzles pieces out.
- Match the correct pairs together to form separate pictures.
- Sequence the pictures in the order they occur in the book. Which one came first, second, third, etc?
- Check the solutions pages.
The Benefits of this Hog and Frog Learning Activity
These puzzles will encourage children to:
- Exercise and refine small muscle control used when cutting.
- Engage cognitive (intellectual) skills of problem solving as children complete the puzzles.
- Use memory recall skills as they sequence the picture puzzles into the correct order.
Offer your child plenty of encouragement and praise as they work through the puzzles.
Return to: More Hog and Frog Learning Activities. There are a variety of different learning activities available for children to try. Look for "Hog and Frog" under the heading "Learning Activities Based on Children's Books".