Aim of the Hog and Frog Scrambled Sentences:
Hog and Frog Scrambled Sentences have been designed so children sort words into the correct sentence order.
Note: There are 3 Hog and Frog Scrambled Sentences Puzzles - each a different level of difficulty.
Scrambled Sentences Puzzle 1 (easiest) has 5 words to sort.
Scrambled Sentences Puzzle 2 (easiest) has 8 words to sort.
Scrambled Sentences Puzzle 3 (easiest) has 22 words to sort.
Instructions for Hog and Frog Scrambled Sentences:
1. Print and cut out these 3 word puzzle pieces:
Note: Put the solutions page aside so it can be used to check answers once the puzzle has been finished.
2. Arrange the words in the correct word order.
3. Check the "Solutions" pages on the web site to see if your sentences are
The Benefits of Hog and Frog Scrambled Sentences
By participating in this scrambled words puzzle, children will be encouraged to:
- Exercise visual discrimination skills as they search for individual words
- Engage cognitive (intellectual) skills as they complete the puzzles
- Use fine motor skills to cut out the puzzle pieces.
- Use memory recall to remember the text from the story.
- Look at the shape and patterns of words - which is an important part of spelling.
- Examine punctuation such as capital letters for the beginning of sentences, full stops, exclamation marks, commas, speech marks, etc.
Return to: More Hog and Frog Learning Activities. There are a variety of different learning activities available for children to try. Look for "Hog and Frog" under the heading "Learning Activities Based on Children's Books".