Aim of the Hog and Frog Hidden Word Puzzles:
For children to search for hidden words in the puzzle and highlight them.
Note: There are 3 Hidden Word Puzzles - each a different level of difficulty.
Hidden Words Puzzle 1 (easiest) has 13 hidden words to find.
Hidden Words Puzzle 2 (easiest) has 19 hidden words to find.
Hidden Words Puzzle 3 (easiest) has 28 hidden words to find.
2. Search for the words listed at the bottom of the page which are hidden in the puzzle. The hidden words may be written horizontally or vertically. Some letters are used twice to form different words (e.g., vertically and horizontally).
3. Highlight each hidden word within the puzzle as you find it.
4. Cross each word off the list at the bottom of the page as it is
located in the puzzle.
The Benefits of this Hog and Frog Learning Activity
By participating in this hidden words activity, children will be encouraged to:
- Exercise visual discrimination skills as they search for individual letters and groups of letters
- Engage cognitive (intellectual) skills as they complete the puzzles
- Use fine motor skills as they highlight hidden words in the puzzle and cross words off the list at the bottom of the page.
- Look at the shape and patterns of words - which is an important part of spelling.
Return to: More Hog and Frog Learning Activities. There are a variety of different learning activities available for children to try. Look for "Hog and Frog" under the heading "Learning Activities Based on Children's Books".