GROVER BILL AND THE GECKOS is an interactive illustrated children’s audio book by Susan Syddall. Engaging illustrations and text have been designed to motivate children to read for pleasure and information.
Grover Bill and the Geckos Story Outline
He lives in a sad, grey house on top of the hill.
However, his house is about to change dramatically when some uninvited guests creep in.
Find out who are the uninvited visitors. What do they do to change Grover Bill’s house forever?
What would you do if they came to your house?
Grover Bill and the Geckos Preview
What's Unique About This App?
Our stories are designed to help children develop a love of reading. We do this by using:
- Rhyme: This helps children to read word families and develops reading confidence.
- Rhythm: Helps children recognise patterns in words and sentences and makes reading a pleasure.
- Repetition: Allows children multiple opportunities to recognise, revisit and master written words.
- Humour: Engages children in the text.
We aim for our books to:
- Foster a love of language
- Build and extend vocabulary
- Capture children's interest
- Inspire creativity
- Kindle imagination.
Each story contains GUIDE NOTES for parents/educators which suggest activities and experiences which will extend children's learning based on concepts introduced in the books. The GUIDE NOTES include ideas for:
- social/emotional/moral development
- physical development
- critical thinking and
- Original score and fun sound effects.
- Interactive learning activities which encourages comprehension and language development.
More Grover Bill and the Geckos
GROVER BILL AND THE GECKOS is part of a literacy series designed to help children learn to read.
Educational Activities Based on Grover Bill and the Geckos
Extension activities are available for GROVER BILL AND THE GECKOS. The following FREE extension activities can be downloaded for GROVER BILL AND THE GECKOS:
Grover Bill and the Geckos is Is Loved By
Children aged 3 - 8 years.
Parent Notice About This App
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
As a child this is a fantastic book to hear read and as an adult it is an easy book to read. The rhyming structure ensures a poetic resonance as the words just bounce off the tongue. It has a rhythm that is easy to pick up by children and a pattern that affords children the pleasure of enjoying it. It also allows children to predict what word may come next and turns a book into a language game.
The vibrant use of colour over the grey wash in the story provides an excellent visual spectacle and is vibrant on a big or small screen. This is an e-book that visually and aurally sticks in the mind!
An excellent story to extend a child's knowledge of verbs as the words chosen are interesting and different. Again this leads to discussion on other verbs of interest!
The author continues to provide a range of fun educational activities at the back which support learning across a range of subjects.
Sarah Shuttleworth ... parent, teacher & school headmistress: United Kingdom
“Top notch in beautiful illustrations, storyline, expressive narration, rhyming text, the many interactive activities and child friendly navigation.
Both my boys, 3 and 6, love these apps. They remain engaged and have great replay value.
As a parent, I especially love the “Guide Notes”, they are so helpful and insightful.
We now have 5 apps from the series and they have been a wonderful addition to our digital library.
I would HIGHLY recommend this app!”
Parent and App Reviewer
"Hi Susan, the books were super easy to download to my iPad!
They are fantastic stories. The illustrations make the stories come to life.
The best part for me, however, are the activities – and they are printable!!!!
Thank you so much! The children in my Year 2 class will love these stories!"
Michelle – Year 2 Class Teacher
Books Available in Print Include:
- Lyrebird Park is available in printed format as big and small books.
- Hog and Frog is also available in printed format as big and small books.
- Doodle Tales: A Goods Knight's Bad Day! where children finish the illustrations and add their own ideas to complete the story.
Other Titles Available In Electronic Format
Our range of books is continually growing. Children's books available in our Literacy Series, include: