Here are some extension activities for Fly ... as in 'Fly' from the story "It's A Bad Day To Be A Fly!"
These extenstion activites have been designed to help your child gain the most out of his/her reading experience with this story.
The first pack of extension activities, based on It's A Bad Day To Be A Fly!
... can be downloaded for free and includes:
- A drawing prompt/activity - "Fly is having a thank-you-Mr-Sty-party"
- Cooperative listening game - Paste that fly!
- Patterning activity involving colourful fly tiles.
- Fly Sudoku - level one
- Which came first? (a sequencing activity).
We appreciate your feedback. You're welcome to leave a comment on this post or on our facebook page. Thanks!
The second pack of extension activities based on It's A Bad Day To Be A Fly!
... is more extensive and includes:
- Fly's Family Portrait Gallery (a drawing prompt activity)
- Fly number cards (for sorting, sequencing, odds/evens)
- 2 Sudoku Puzzles -
- a new Level 1 (4x4 grid)
- Level 2 (6x6 grid)
- Crazy Fly Story (cooperative writing game)
- Crazy Sentences (playing with words)
- Create Your Own Shape Poem (includes explanations and instructions)
- Flies & Butterflies (playing with words)
- Help Mr Sty Find New Words (adjectives)
- Hidden Words (word hunt in picture format)
- How Many Words? (word game)
- Identifying Real and Imaginary Characters (includes lesson plan aligned with Australian Curriculum)
- Long "i" Word Sort (includes word tiles and sorting sheets)
- Memory Game (based on interesting words from the story)
- Report Back (writing a book report)
- Roll and Play with Words (a dice & word game)
- What Happens Next? (writing & drawing activity)
- Who is Who? (comprehension activity)
- Word Shapes (puzzle)
All these printables are included in the
Extension Activity Pack 2 (It's A Bad Day To Be A Fly!)
Once purchased, go to the 'My Account' page to download.
You may also like these activities:
Return to the Articles List for other children's learning activities or children's book reviews.