BEWARE OF THE DANGEROUS BOX is an interactive illustrated children’s audio book by Susan Syddall. Engaging illustrations and text have been designed to motivate children to read for pleasure and information.
Beware Of The Dangerous Box Story Outline
Come exploring as a cute and curious fox finds out what’s hidden
in the unusual boxes loaded on his train.
Can you guess what’s in the box before the fox?
(Sometimes things aren’t as scary as they first seem).
A great story to introduce the topic of real and imagined fears.
Beware Of The Box! Preview
What's Unique About This App?
Our stories are designed to help children develop a love of reading. We do this by using:
- Rhyme: This helps children to read word families and develops reading confidence.
- Rhythm: Helps children recognise patterns in words and sentences and makes reading a pleasure.
- Repetition: Allows children multiple opportunities to recognise, revisit and master written words.
- Humour: Engages children in the text.
We aim for our books to:
- Foster a love of language
- Build and extend vocabulary
- Capture children's interest
- Inspire creativity
- Kindle imagination.
Each story contains GUIDE NOTES for parents/educators which suggest activities and experiences which will extend children's learning based on concepts introduced in the books. The GUIDE NOTES include ideas for:
- social/emotional/moral development
- physical development
- critical thinking and
- Original score and fun sound effects.
- Interactive learning activities which encourages comprehension and language development.
More About Beware Of The Dangerous Box!
BEWARE OF THE DANGEROUS BOX! is part of a literacy series designed to help children learn to read.
Educational Activities Based on Beware Of The Dangerous Box!
Extension activities are available for BEWARE OF THE DANGEROUS BOX! These are fun extension activities further learning opportunities.
The following FREE extension activities can be downloaded for BEWARE OF THE DANGEROUS BOX!:
- Beware of the Box! Number Train Puzzles
- Beware of the Box! Number Train Activity
- How To Make Collaged Foxes
Beware of the Box! Is Loved By
Children aged 3 - 10 years.
Parent Notice About This App
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
“Top notch in beautiful illustrations, storyline, expressive narration, rhyming text, the many interactive activities and child friendly navigation.
Both my boys, 3 and 6, love these apps. They remain engaged and have great replay value.
As a parent, I especially love the “Guide Notes”, they are so helpful and insightful.
We now have 5 apps from the series and they have been a wonderful addition to our digital library.
I would HIGHLY recommend this app!”
Parent and App Reviewer
"Hi Susan, the books were super easy to download to my iPad!
They are fantastic stories. The illustrations make the stories come to life.
The best part for me, however, are the activities – and they are printable!!!!
Thank you so much! The children in my Year 2 class will love these stories!"
Michelle – Year 2 Class Teacher
Books Available in Print Include:
- Lyrebird Park is available in printed format as big and small books.
- Hog and Frog is also available in printed format as big and small books.
- Doodle Tales: A Goods Knight's Bad Day! where children finish the illustrations and add their own ideas to complete the story.
Other Titles Available In Electronic Format
Our range of books is continually growing. Children's books available in our Literacy Series, include: