For each of our books, we have developed Guide Notes for parents, carers and teachers.
If you look closer, you will find these Guide Notes are designed to give ideas for activities which will extend learning based on the stories.
The Guide Notes include:
- What Do You Think? Questions to promote discussion and thought.
- Language Focus which looks at interesting words, word families and rhyming words, initial consonants, blends, suffixes and print convention and more
- Language Extension Ideas to inspire children to be creative and imaginative
- Integrated Curriculum Ideas
The Integrated Curriculum Ideas cover the following:
- Physical development as well as
- Social and moral development.
Another sample of Guide Notes from Grover Bill and the Geckos:
Guide Notes for the Literacy Series
You can download and access each of the Guide Notes for free in PDF format from free printables.
We hope that you enjoy interacting with your child through these activities. Have fun!